Food and Cancer – Cancer Prevention
Standard cancer treatment will always be what Dr Adams recommend, however there is a growing interest from her patients about nutrition and the effect this has on cancer prevention and treatment. And with good reason….as there is increasing knowledge of the anti-cancer effect of some foods.
By eating a healthy whole food diet and incorporating some of these foods, together with standard medical treatment or preventative strategies; you will give yourself the best chance of avoiding cancer all together or decreasing its chance of recurrence if you already have it.
Dr David Wilkinson is one of Dr Adams surgical mentors and has specifically written a book on this topic Can Food Be Medicine Against Cancer.
His top ten foods are:
- The broccoli family and other green leafy vegetables
- Including rocket
- bok choy
- Rich in antioxidants and fibre….not to mention delicious
- Containing the anti-cancer curcumin
- Garlic and onion
- An everyday food stuff easily incorporated into your daily diet
- Green tea
- 3 cups per day for best results
- Flaxseeds (linseeds)
- Rich in omega 3 oils (also found in oily fish)
- Containing beta glucans which boost the immune system to detect and destroy cancer
- Dark grapes
- Red grapes
- purple grapes
- black grapes
- An element naturally found in soil and passed to food such as nuts
- whole grains
- Colourful fruits and vegetables
- Including Orange and yellow foods (containing beta-carotene) such as carrots
- sweet potato
- paw paw
- Red foods (containing lycopene) in capsicum
To learn more about the science behind these recommendations, the amount of this food required and how to prepare it visit the website www.foodagainstcancer.com.
If you need more information on this topic, feel free to contact us.